Just what is Paint Protection Film?
We've all seen the little stone guards car manufactures use on wheel arches, the dull and discoloured film half way across a supercars bonnet or perhaps the awful "clear bra's"?
Acutally "Paint Protection Film" PPF was initially conceived and developed by the US Military as a way to protect helicopter rotors and other sensitive parts from flying debris and other possible intrusions. The thick film was applied on the leadiing edges and potential impact areas, and was designed to be hard wearing and easy replaced in an environment where aesthetics were far from a necessity. As with so many modern day applications what started as military technology eventully found its way into the commercial sector and over several decades has slowly developed into the various products we have today protecting our vehicle investments.
By comparison the glossy self healing films we use here at Detail Werkz Dallas today are a far cry from the thick, ugly "Hele tape" of years gone by! In fact at Detail Werkz Dallas we carry the top brands of films and our installation methods to be almost entirely invisible, not only does it provide protection fromchips, abrasion and environmental factors but the design, fit and appearance of our modern films actually serves to enhance the look of your car while protecting your investment.
Why choose Paint Protection Film?
Our PPF protects your paintwork form chips, minor scuffs and scrapes, environmental factors such as bug splatter and protects the finish against defects from poor washing techniques.
Our PPF has a superior optical clarity and is very easy to maintain. When looked after correctly it gives a depth of shine like freshly detailed paint for many years.
Our PPF has a self healing layer. Stone chips, scuffs, scratches and swirls that dont penetrate this layer disappear with the application of heat from hot tap water, the car's engine or just the sun.
If a panel needs replacing, you won't be off the road for long. Most panels can be replaced with a couple of hours - unlike traditional paint repairs, which is costly and takes days or even weeks.
Because our PPF is specifically designed to fit each panel it can be replaced individually meaning little or no need to strip the panels and no extra paint to blend the color to adjacent panels.
What PPF coverage to choose?
Traditionally PPF was insalled on wheel arches, the leading edge of hoods/fenders or the forward panels of the car. Today, many of our clients want us to cover the entire vehicle. Such is the quality of the modern films and our design and installation processes that it really does make sense to protect the whole car.
Paint protection film can protect your car against damage such as stone chips, car park door hits and chipping, and day-to-day scratches.
With our custom designs, we can cover ANY painted, carbon fiber or smooth finished surfaces of the car, even interior trims. We have various options to suit each part of the car such as thicker film for down low, high impact areas such as bumpers and sills, and clearer film for large, flat panels such as trunks, hoods and roofs. Our films come in matte shine, as well as traditional high-gloss options, to cover expensive matte paints and carbon fiber paints.
Where the damage occurs:
High Impact Areas : Bumpers, hoods, front wings, wing mirrors, lower doors, wheel arches, sills, headlights, lower doors.
Medium Impact Areas : Rear wings, upper doors
Low Impact Areas : Trunk lids, engine cover
What makes us different from all the other PPF companies in Dallas?
All of our paint protection films kits are designed and cut in house resulting in optimum protection in accordance to our stringent Detail Werkz Dallas standards. Here is our process before we apply any PPF to your vehicle.
1. Once your vehicle arrives our our facality, a full inspection of the car's condition is carried our, whether it is a new or used vehicle.
2. Next the car goes thru a 24-step cleaning, decontamination, clay bar treatment and fully dried.
3. The vehicle's paint is inspected further using a sun gun and LED technology to highlight any defects, swirls, holograms and any paint correction required is carried out before the film installation begins.
4. We them move the vehicle into our custom clean room where we have built a state-of-the-art installtion center with lots of lights, and a sissor lift to allow us to get the correct height requirment for a great installation.
5. We cut the kits that you have requested to be covered and installation begains.
6. Once the PPF has been applied, we go thru a three quality control stage that includes sitting out in the sun to help the dry out, and gass out stage. We apply a special ceramic coating ontop of the PPF and other parts of the vehicle for years of durabilty and shine.
We have searched high and low to find the best paint protection film for your vehicles protection needs.
We are excited to offer the SUNTEK PPF ULTRA Clear and Matte films.
Read about the SUNTEK film below and then drop us an email or call us to discuss pricing and options for your vehicle.
SunTek PPF Films (Clear & Matte)
About the SunTek PPF film
PPF ULTRA is our Paint Protection Top-Coated film and the PPF-M is our Paint Protection Matte film.
SunTek is a laser "TruCut" PPF film that offers breakthrough technology for paint protection applications. We can wrap the edges of the areas we are covering and with the Laser cut film we can ensure no cutting on your vehicles paint and less likly to damage like other companies do.
Features and benefits include:
- Invisible protection from damage caused by rocks, salt, insects, and other road debris
- A proprietary, self healing top-coat formulation that is scratch and crack resistant with a high-gloss finish
- Superior optical clarity (the smoothest film in the PPF industry- no orange peel effects)
- Easy installation and increased longevity
- Ten-year Manufacturer's Warranty
back to top
Our Kits and Pricing:
SunTek PPF Clear :
Front bumper, Full Hood, Full front fenders, mirror edges
SunTek PPF Clear :
Complete Vehicle Coverage
SunTek PPF Clear : From $4000+tax (please call)